Caring for Tile
Tile & stone floors are probably the easiest type of flooring to maintain & keep clean.
Daily & Weekly Tile Cleaning Measures
Your daily tile cleaning routine should include sweeping, dusting or vacuuming regularly to remove piled-up dirt or grit that can scratch or dull the surface of your floor. If you use a vacuum, turn off the beater brush or raise it to avoid damage to your floor.
- Wipe down your floor with a damp a steam mop at least weekly.
- Use a cleaning solution with a neutral pH that was made specifically for stone or tile.
- Never leave water standing on tile – this creates slippery surfaces & dulls colors over time.
- Never use detergents or soaps – these can promote the growth of mildew.
- Never use cleaners that contain acids, vinegar, chlorine or ammonia – these chemicals can damage or discolor your stone’s surface.