How to Clean Carpet
The most important piece of any carpeting care routine is regular vacuuming. Soil particles can get ground down by foot traffic and damage your carpet’s fibers, so it’s imperative to remove dirt often. For shag carpets with long, cable-like fibers, use a suction-only vacuum or one with an adjustable brush.
Carpet Cleaning Tips
- Don’t track dirt inside – place mats at entrances
- Move heavy furniture carefully – never drag it
- Use carpet protectors under furniture legs
- Reduce exposure to direct sunlight with shades
- Remove as much of the spill as possible. Work from outer edges toward the center.
- If necessary, use a recommended cleaning solution.
- Rinse affected areas with clean water to remove sticky residues.
- Absorb remaining moisture by layering clean towels over the spill & applying pressure.